WHO WE ARE
We help grantmakers leverage their considerable social and economic influence to create equitable access to STEM learning experiences across the continuum for historically marginalized groups, such as underserved populations and under-resourced communities. Together, we are transforming and strengthening the STEM philanthropic ecosystem by leading a collaborative movement that elevates grantmaking standards through informed, intentional investments.
At STEM Funders Network, we aspire to:
- Lead a groundbreaking paradigm shift in the STEM philanthropic ecosystem to ensure diversity, equity, inclusion, and access drive funding decisions that provide ample STEM opportunities across the learning continuum.
- Convene grantmaking organizations, historically marginalized communities, thought partners, and champions that are aligned in advocating for and influencing systemic change that creates greater equity and access to STEM opportunities from early childhood to early career.
- Be a thought-leader and sought-after resource that helps shape and modernize STEM education policy and initiatives.
- Help increase diversity inside philanthropic organizations to propel organizational change within STEM funding institutions.
- Deliver increasing value to the members, partners, champions, and communities we work with to support innovative STEM funding transformation through expert programs, initiatives, and resources.
STEM Funders Network is the leading advocate and change agent committed to creating more equitable opportunities and access to STEM learning and workforce development for historically marginalized communities through philanthropy. Since 2012, SFN has worked with grantmaking institutions in innovative ways to shift how they identify, evaluate, and invest in STEM activities and programs across the continuum. We help SFN members use their significant collective influence to affect lasting change in the STEM philanthropic ecosystem and achieve greater equity and access for all.
SFN provides education and expert guidance, professional development, policy awareness, connections to organizations and evidence-based information, and other services that support equitable grantmaking. We also connect grantmaking organizations aligned with our mission through creative and collaborative endeavors that leverage resources, ideas, and leadership. Together, we use our collective power to drive social change and create long-term, intentional impact in the STEM philanthropic space.
Our leadership includes executive champions who are passionately driven to solve an important societal problem—inequities in STEM learning and workforce development across the continuum.
Support Our Work
Join our critical effort to transform STEM grantmaking and create more equity and access for all. Contact us to discuss opportunities to get involved and support our work.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
WHO WE SERVE
Subscribe to our newsletter
STEM Funders Network SFN is a fiscally sponsored project of Movement Strategy Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
© STEM Funders Network 2023. All Rights Reserved.